Monday, December 21, 2015

Rocky's Adventures XIV: Rocky's Son Has A Best Friend


 
ROCKY’S SON HAS A BEST FRIEND

by

Anthonystjoseph

The doorbell rings and Brad is busy so Rocky goes and jumps up on the couch and sticks his head through the curtains and looks out the window at who’s ringing the bell.  Rocky turns his head sideways in complete bewilderment and says, “What in the hell?!”

All of a sudden Rocky’s son comes running in from the backyard through the doggie door and screams, “That’s my new friend dad! His name is Snoopy!”

“Snoopy?!”  Rocky jumps down from the back of the couch from looking out the window and is in shock.

“What in the hell kind of a dog are you hanging out with son!?!  I can’t tell if that’s a sewer rat on steroids or a dog!”

“Daaaaad! Don’t be mean. He’s my best friend that I met at the vet the other day when Brad took me for my shots. He helped me not to worry about the needles.”

“Now you’re getting your courage from an overgrown sewer rat masquerading as a dog. Look son!  You are from a long line of Rocky’s and we don’t need anybody to give US courage. That’s why I let Brad take you to get your shots because I knew he would cry before you would!”

Brad comes out of the kitchen and lets the overgrown sewer rat in the door which is actually a Pug.

Rocky’s son jumps for joy at the sight of his new friend, “Hey Snoopy! How ya’ doing? Come on, let’s go to the backyard, I got some new doggie toys for getting my shots.”

Rocky is dumbfounded by the overgrown sewer rat walking through his house as the sewer rat throws Rocky an ugly look and seems to stick his tongue out at Rocky as well.

Rocky looks at Brad, “Did that thing just stick his tongue out at me!?!”

“No Rocky, Pugs naturally let their tongues hang out sometimes.”

“Did you say that thing is a PUG!?”

“Yep, that’s what it is. You’ve seen several of them at the dog park.”

“NO I HAVEN’T!  I close my eyes when they see too much ugly and I can plainly see that that dog is made up of too, much, ugly!  And were his eyes leaking on our floor.”

“No Rocky, they just have large eyeballs. It’s genetic to their breed.”

“Somebody bred that thing! A Pug huh? Well, they got the ‘UG’ right because that thing is ugly!”

Rocky shakes his head in bewilderment as he looks out the back door watching his son throw away his youth playing with a sewer rat pretending to be a dog.

“Oh Brad, where did I go wrong. I swore I wouldn’t train him to eat poodles or dumb defenseless joggers passing by and I wanted him to accept all creatures but Rocky don’t know if he can take his son playing with a sewer rat!”

Rocky spot’s the two new friends play fighting in the back yard and getting too close in battle and suddenly Rocky screams out the screen door, “Don’t get to close to that leaky ‘EYE JUICE’ son! We don’t know what’s in it!”

The puppies stop wrestling for a second and look at Rocky like he’s crazy and then go back to play fighting.

Brad shoves Rocky away from the back door and closes it and tells Rocky to leave the two new friends alone.

Rocky tells Brad, “Look Brad! I know I’m all reformed now since my Near Death Experience but don’t push Rocky! That’s my lineage out there playing with that sewer RAT! Rocky’s got a family tree to look after!”

Rocky stares out the back window at the two dogs playing and then gets an idea. He runs to the DVD rack and shuffles through the movies. He sees a movie and says, “Here’s one with a sewer rat and a cat, don’t want him to see that one.”

Brad interrupts and says, “That’s not a movie about a sewer rat and a cat! That’s a movie about a Pug and a Cat. It’s called ‘Milo and Otis’ and you’ve seen it!”

“NO I HAVEN’T! I always thought that was a movie about a sewer rat and a cat. Never watched it.”

Rocky continues to go through the movies and then sees the movie he was looking for, ‘How to be a Rottweiler’, and says, “OKAY! Here’s the movie I was looking for Brad! As soon as that thing leaves, my son is sitting down and watching this three times in a row. AFTER you give him a bath and wash all of that sewer rat ‘eye juice’ off of him.”

“Whatever Rocky.”

“’Whatever’ is right. Whatever Rocky says. Near Death Experience or not, Rocky will still roll up this house.”

“Oh Rocky.”

“You love me.”

“Yeah Rocky, I love you.”

By

Anthonystjoseph

All works copyrighted copyright.jpg and protected by law

1 comment:

  1. I have to add, I actually love the 'cute ugliness' of the Pug dogs and they are such a warm and friendly companion~

    ReplyDelete