Sunday, December 6, 2015

Rocky's Adventures IV: Rocky's New Roommate


 
ROCKY’S NEW ROOMMATE

by

Anthonystjoseph

“Hey man, that THING has got to go!”

“What thing Rocky?”

“That girl’s dog you moved in here!”

“Her and I are in love Rocky and she loves her dog like I love you.”

“Don’t start that love crap with me man, that’s my line.  Your best bet is to get that little scally wag of a dog out of here before I do something.”

“You’re NOT doing anything to that dog Rocky!”

“Hey man, you know I can’t control myself, and that dog with those cute little doe eyes and always with the cute poses are going to get in on my game.  I don’t see any treats coming down the wire with Old Yellers long lost abandoned great grandchild hanging around.”

“Don’t mess with that dog Rocky.”

“Hey man, you just better hope it’s a matter of me leaving a door open.  I might just get a hunger for something bigger than a poodle while you’re at work.”

“I’m warning you Rocky.”

“Warning me!  You know good and well I have no control mechanisms and you bring this thing in on my territory.  Bad enough I got that dog Red next door trying to out cute me in the yard on weekends.”

“Don’t mess with my girl’s dog Rocky, and by the way, his name is Lovely.”

“LOVELY! What kind of name is that for a DOG! A male dog at THAT!”

At this point, Lovely walks into the room and looks at Rocky and then slowly walks out of the room.

“And what was THAT!  Was that a TEAR I saw in his eye!  You better get that friggin’ Hallmark Card outta here man, I’m warning you.”

“I’m warning YOU Rocky, don’t mess with my girl’s dog.”

“You got two days man.  I’m not taking food for two days to save up room for me some ‘Lovely’ lunch while you’re at work.  TWO DAYS!  You hear me!  Two days of NO FOOD!  I’ll have enough room for him in my stomach then.  TWO DAYS!”

“Just try me Rocky, just try me.”

“WE just had the TRIAL brother, you’ve already been TRIED!  TWO DAYS!”

“Try me ROCKY!”

“TRIED!”

“Try me!”

“I TRIED!”

The next day when they get home from work, ‘Lovely’ is missing.

“Oh baby, I’m sure we’ll find him.  I don’t know how the side door was left open.”

Gives a side eye to Rocky with an evil glare

Rocky mouths ‘I know how it was left open’

“He would have never run away, something must have scared him.”

She slowly looks at Rocky as Rocky leaves the room.

“Listen baby, let’s just both go out and look for him and I am sure one of us will find him.”

“You promise we’ll find him.”

“I promise.”

“You know he’s even done some modeling work for a writers stories.  He’s just so cute.”

Dog hacking noises are heard from the other room

“I know honey.”

“Now let’s go find him.  We’ll take both cars, I just have one phone call to make about some work stuff and then I’ll join you searching in my car; we’ll cover more area that way.”

“Okay, hurry up then.”

“I will.”

She leaves as he kisses her at the door and he promises they’ll find ‘Lovely’.  He closes the door and turns to Rocky.

“ROCKY!”

“WHAT!”

“I told you to leave that dog alone and don’t mess with him.”

“And I told you to get that Hallmark Card Poster Dog outta HERE!”

“When are you gonna learn that this is my house and MY rules.”

“Umph, really, you’re gonna go there.”

“I LIVE THERE!  THIS IS MY HOUSE ROCKY!”

“Oh go look for your precious ‘Lovely’, and be happy I didn’t have him for lunch with a coke and a smile.”

“Keep it up Rocky, keep it up.”

“You love me.”

Door slams as he leaves to go help in the search for ‘Lovely’

An hour later they both return with ‘Lovely’

Rocky greets them at the door, “Damn”

“Hey Rocky, we found your new bother!”

“I told you Rocky wouldn’t have done anything to him honey.”

‘Not yet.’

Two days later…

“Honey, do you know why Rocky hasn’t eaten anything in the last two days?”

 

By

Anthonystjoseph

All works copyrighted copyright.jpg and protected by law

No comments:

Post a Comment