Saturday, September 12, 2015

The Clowns Are Back!


 

THE CLOWNS ARE BACK!

by

Anthonystjoseph

     “There he is over there!”  Lord, what have I done to deserve these savage ass clowns following me throughout my life…?  Once again it was Paula the Prison bird who for some strange reason was not incarcerated.  Ridiculous Rodney was there who was drunk as usual along with Theoda the Thug!  Toothless Tito was also with them and he had clearly afforded himself a new set of dentures because he was flashing a set of pearly whites.  They read my mind as they always seem to do as I was asking the Lord what I had done to deserve them chasing me and they all responded in unison, “We’ll tell you what you’ve done you raggedy piece of shit!”  Shocked by their response I said, “I wasn’t talking to you!”  “Well we’re talking to you!  And we didn’t come with no paint guns this time.  Yeah, we read your story you wrote called ‘The Convertible Clowns’ about us the last time we jacked you up; well, we’re about to clown your ass again and take you to the Thunder dome ROOKIE!.  We’re on orders from the Dark Lord!  These are real bullets we’re shooting this time rootie poot ass NEGRO!  You ain’t been Sent by God, or what did he say Paula, he was Sent to Share.  You ain’t been sent to share nothing!  We’re about to SHARE an ass whipping with your ass.  Shoot him Tito!”  And here they were again inserting themselves into my life.  And what were they talking about when they said the ‘Dark Lord’, could they be serious.  Hopefully they have just been drinking too much.

     The raggedy diabolical clowns from my past and apparently the bowels of Hell were back!  I was on the run in the desert without water and these clowns looked like they were just as thirsty.  As is often said, the thirst was real.  I was in trouble.  I ran and dodged behind the only cover available in this sparse desert land I found myself in and tried to hide behind a Saguaro cactus.  They easily caught up with me.  “There that fool is trying to hide behind that SAGURO Cactus!  “SHOOT HIM!  You ain’t invisible NEGRO!  And you damn sure ain’t GREEN!  WE CAN SEE YOU!” 

     They aimed and fired what appeared to be one of their new super weapons with explosive hollow point bullets.  The Saguaro cactus exploded around me.  Paula the Prison Bird said, “Damn TITO!  You ain’t never been a good shot!  Hand me the gun!”  I ran as they reloaded their new weapon and dashed back and forth trying to find cover.  All of a sudden, I found, or I should say fell into an old river cavern and tumbled twenty feet down into a dry river bed.  I immediately knew how fortunate I was because the clown’s car couldn’t follow me down the cliff.  As I panted and grasped for air I saw a cave on the other side of the river bed.  I ran towards the cave and ducked inside.  Once inside, I ran to the back of the cave and hoped for something or someone to save me from these clowns who seemed way more menacing this time and seemed to forget our long ago friendships altogether.  There was an evil and menacing look on their faces this time.

     As I hid in the back of the cave and got my breath back I felt and realized that I was not alone in the cave.  I heard a small growl come from a far corner of the cave and almost pissed my pants as the growl grew louder and it became very obvious that I truly wasn’t alone in the cave.  I said the words, “Remember Tony, you’re protected and nothing can harm you.  If it does, the only thing that can happen is that you go to Heaven”.  The light coming from the entrance to the cave revealed a large cougar coming from the far corner of the cave who walked straight up to me and looked directly into my face and stared at me eye to eye.  As the yellow bodily fluid flowed directly and freely from my urinary tract, I stared him directly in his eyes, he licked my face.  A large blast that obviously came from the clown’s new explosive weapon blasted the cave entrance; the cougar turned from me and then exited the entrance of the cave.

     I sat there wallowing in my self-formed puddle of bodily fluid and didn’t know what to do.  Once again I looked to the Heavens and cursed God and told him I really wasn’t equipped for this.  First, the return of the Convertible Clowns and now the cougar, what was the universe doing to me…

     I heard one of the clowns outside say, “He ran into the cave!”  Then I realized they had spotted the cougar as he had come out of the entrance to the cave and made his presence known.  One of the clowns said, “DID THAT SON OF A BITCH TURN INTO A COUGAR?!”  “NO STUPID!  The cougar was in the cave!  Shoot the cougar!”  I heard a shot from their new weapon as they tried to kill the cougar.  “You missed Paula!”  Then I heard the cougar let out a tremendous roar as the clowns all screamed and seemed to be running away.  “Everybody get back to the car!  We’ll get that son of a bitch later!” 


     The cougar came back into the cave and walked directly up to me.  The cougar laid down by my side and then laid its head in my lap and I and the cougar bonded in a moment of consideration and protection.   As much as I hated the desert it seemed that it provided me with protection.  I awoke several hours later and the cougar was gone and night had fallen.  I exited the cave and wandered.  I came upon a lake that reflected the full moon in its entirety and proceeded to drink from it and replenish myself.  As usual, I asked God and the universe for forgiveness in losing my faith but as usual, their forgiveness was not needed. 

     Mine was a path that has been walked many times before and will be walked many more times in the future…  Mine was the path of understanding and the path of growth.  My path was not special, it was just my time.

By

Anthonystjoseph

All works copyrighted © and protected by law

No comments:

Post a Comment