Saturday, September 19, 2015

Convertible Clowns VII: The Nuclear Powered Grenade Launcher


 
CONVERTIBLE CLOWNS VII:  THE NUCLEAR POWERED GRENADE LAUNCHER

by

Anthonystjoseph

     The convertible clowns are all driving down the desert highway continuing their search to capture and destroy Anthonystjoseph on a lovely desert day.  Toothless Tito is driving as they all seem to be lost in their own thoughts except for Ridiculous Rodney who has fallen asleep from his regular habit of consuming too much alcohol.  Paula the Prison Bird is lost in her own personal hell of trying to come to terms with her new face.  The hardest part of Paula’s new diabolical clown face was the protruding set of extremely gapped dark yellow teeth.  She felt she needed to clean them out after every meal with a fork to get all of the food out that got stuck in between her teeth.  The stuck food could almost provide another full meal.  As she sat thinking about catching a cold and would the nose that looked like it was a rotten plum come off if she had to blow it she realized they were in the same area that they had seen Anthonystjoseph a day ago.  Oh how she hated him; he was the reason she looked the way she did now and he would pay.  Because they failed to capture him the Dark Lord did this to her face.  Oh why did the Dark Lord hate her so much; Anthonystjoseph would pay with his life!

     Paula shook off the melancholy of her new torment and announced boldly to the other clowns, “Okay, the last time we saw that Anthonystjoseph thing he was in this area coming up.” 

     Ridiculous Rodney woke up and started staring around at the desert in his ridiculous way as Theoda the Thug realized she had giggle juice drool all over her shoulder.  “Rodney you stupid fool!  You drooled your silly ass giggle drool or giggle juice or whatever the hell it is all over my shoulder!  And why is your giggle drool YELLOW!”  Rodney replied while giggling, “I don’t know.  Ask the Dark Lord!  You know he does crazy stuff like that!”  Theoda just cringed in disgust as she tried to wipe it off.  Toothless Tito told them all to shut up and keep an eye out and then seemed to annoy Paula when he looked in the rearview mirror and smiled with his new set of pearly white dentures to make sure they were clean.  He just looked at Paula as they gave each other the side-eye and started to look intensely for their prey.  Paula said, “I know he’s around here somewhere.”

     Then all of a sudden the angelic cougar from the cave ran across the highway in front of the clown car and all the clowns screamed.  Tito tried to run the cougar down as Paula the Prison Bird said, “Run that mangy cat over!”  Then Theoda got the idea that they should shoot the cougar from the car and told Rodney to shut up and load the Nuclear Powered Grenade Launcher.  Since the thought hadn’t occurred to Rodney, he sat up straight and said, “Oh yeah!  We can shoot the cougar!”  Tito, Paula and Theoda all looked at each other at once mentally agreeing on the fact that Rodney was just plain old stupid.  Tito chases the cougar off the road and follows him through the desert for a couple of hundred feet when all of a sudden Paula the Prison Bird yells, “STOP THE CAR!”  Toothless Tito stops the car as they all look at Paula with a puzzled look while completely forgetting her hideous face in their desire to catch Anthonystjoseph. 

     Paula states very quietly, “I just figured out we are being played.  That cougar is trying to lure us away from Tony.  And I will no longer call him Anthonystjoseph, for now on his name is just TONY in my book.”  Ridiculous Rodney interrupts and says, “Yeah, Tony the Tiger.”  Paula takes less than half a second and proceeds to jump in the back seat on top of Ridiculous Rodney and proceeds to pummel him.”  “Tony the Tiger my ass!  I’m so tired of the ridiculous shit that comes out of your mouth!  Will you ever shut up?!”  Theoda and Tito pull Paula off of Rodney as little pieces of pigs feet are left in Rodney’s hair that have fallen out of Paula’s teeth as she was beating Rodney.  Paula calms down and gets back in the front seat while Rodney just giggles and says, “I’m sorry, I just thought it was funny.”  Toothless Tito and Theoda the Thug say in unison, “SHUT UP!”

     Prison Bird Paula calms down and gets her breath back and explains why she told them to stop the car, “I’m pretty sure I saw a lake on the other side of the road and I think that’s what the cougar was leading us away from.  I bet you ‘Tony’ is hiding there.”  Ridiculous Rodney says, “You may as well call him Anthonystjoseph because that’s what the Dark Lord calls him so if you say Tony the Dark Lord is not going to know who you’re talking about and haven’t you been punished enough?”  Paula looks at Toothless Tito while gritting her hideous teeth and says, “I’m gonna kill ‘em.  I’m gonna kill ‘em.”  Tito tells her, “Calm down, calm down, save your energy for Anthonystjoseph.  Do you really think he’s by the lake.”  “Yeah he’s there, I can smell is self-righteousness a mile off.  Head back to the lake.”

     They get to the lake and stop the car far enough away to not be seen.  They see a small cabin on the other side of the lake and there is a fire burning inside as smoke is coming from the chimney.  They are sure Anthonystjoseph is inside.  Ridiculous Rodney says, “He must be cooking something.”  All the other clowns roll their eyes at Rodney.  They instruct Rodney to just load the grenade launcher and shut up.

     They approach the cabin and all of a sudden Anthonystjoseph walks out onto the porch.  They stand there frozen at the sight of their prey right in front of them.  I see them when it’s too late and they are less than fifty feet away from me.  I gasp at the sight of Paula and scream, “Oh my God Paula, what has happened to your face?!”  Ridiculous Rodney giggles as Paula screamed, “YOU HAPPPENED TO MY FACE!  This is what the Dark Lord did to me for not killing you the other day!”  Theoda the thug chimes in, “Yeah, we’re here to kill you!  And your little cat too!”  Paula tells Rodney, “Give me the grenade launcher Rodney!”  Rodney is adamant, “NO!  I’m gonna do it!”  Paula yells, “Give me the grenade launcher stupid!”  They start to fight over the grenade launcher as Tito and Theoda start to try and grab it too.  All four clowns are fighting over the grenade launcher and each trying to pull it from the others hands while I jump from the porch and proceed to run towards the open desert.

     I hear them stop arguing as they realize I am making my escape.  Tito yells, “You silly clowns!  I’m in charge of this operation so hand me the launcher NOW!”  They all cease as Toothless Tito takes charge of the launcher and they proceed to chase me into the desert.  As they get into firing range Paula yells, “SHOOT HIM TITO!  SHOOT HIM!”  All of a sudden Tito trips on a rock and drops the launcher which accidently fires and shoots him and he is suddenly and quickly turned into a puddle of slime.  We all stop the chase with our mouths hanging open at the loss and sudden disintegration of Toothless Tito. 

     While we are all surprised at the turn of events, the angelic and protective cougar comes out of nowhere and I swoop onto his back as he races away from the three remaining clowns.  Theoda screams, “He’s getting away!”  The cougar and I are long gone in a puff of dust as I hear Ridiculous Rodney giggle and say, “He got away.”

     Theoda the Thug, Ridiculous Rodney and Paula the Prison Bird are all standing over Toothless Tito’s puddle of ‘used-to-be’ as Paula says, “I couldn’t stand his toothless ass anyway.  He was really starting to get on my last nerve.  Always flashing his new teeth in the rearview mirror knowing I’m sitting up here with these demonic yellows.  Good riddance Mister Lieutenant.”  Rodney giggles and then Theoda says, “A Lieutenant in the afterlife at this point.  Well, we can obviously blame this whole fiasco of a failure on Tito now that he’s dead.  I mean it was his fault that he fell on the launcher.”  Rodney giggled and said, “Now you know that doesn’t make a difference to the Dark Lord.  Somebody is going to have to pay.”  Theoda chimes in, “You’re right, he’s gonna have to take his anger out on someone.” As they both look at Paula’s disfigured clown face and Rodney starts to giggle.  Paula instantly jumps on Rodney at his first giggle and this time Theoda doesn’t try to stop her.  Paula is busy creating a desert cloud of dust while beating the crap out of Ridiculous Rodney and I and the cougar turn to witness the growing dust cloud.

     The cougar stops on the top of the hill as I look back at the dust cloud continuing to grow from the savage beating and I say, “There but for the grace of God go I.”  The cougar looks up at me and says, “But for the grace of God.”  The cougar spoke to me for the first time.  Who and what was this cougar.  I would soon learn.

By

Anthonystjoseph

All works copyrighted © and protected by law

No comments:

Post a Comment