Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Convertible Clowns XXI: Saving Andrew


 
CONVERTIBLE CLOWNS XXI: SAVING ANDREW

by

Anthonystjoseph

     Well, Apollo and I had left the realm of the afterlife and were on Earth in order to save Andrew.  The child Andrew was in danger from Charlie the Chump, Jeannie the Junkie, and one of the most sinister demons known, Dante.  Something seemed off about the request from Luke to fight more clowns and demons so soon.  Surely and undoubtedly there were more qualified soldiers in the afterlife to fight for these children and why was I being chosen.  Even Apollo thought it was unusual and mentioned it before we left Ethereal Lake.  We both loved defending the children and equally hated the scum of the underworld so we didn’t mind but it just seemed odd to both of us.  Maybe it was as Luke had said and just part of my training process; Apollo said all of the training plans he had witnessed in the afterlife were different so maybe this was mine.  Even on Earth I felt something different going on with me and those around me so who was I to question a trainer like Luke. 

     Unlike Annabelle, Andrew lived on a farm.  We arrived at the farm and immediately saw a green mist near the pig sty and both of us had been given the disgusting description of Charlie the Chump so both Apollo and I in unison said, “Its Charlie the Chump”.  We landed near the pig sty as I dismounted.  I drew my sword and slowly walked up to the sty that contained the pigs and saw the most disgusting sight.  All of the pigs had been killed and disemboweled.  There was a trail of blood leading to the barn so I followed it.  When I walked in the barn I couldn’t believe what I saw.  Charlie the Chump was writhing around on the ground in the middle of the barn in what looked like the intestines of a dozen pigs.  He would chortle and laugh out loud as he rubbed bloody entrails all over himself and around his mouth.  He was so caught up in his debauchery and sin that he didn’t even see me standing only ten feet away.  I slowly took out my bow and arrow from the rear of my angelic armor as there was no way I was getting near his grossness. I aimed my golden arrow directly at his heart as he writhed in his bloody pool of tripe. 

     I released the arrow and it flew through the air and pierced his heart.  He screamed in horror and finally saw me.  I looked at him in disgust as his writhing turned from pleasure to pain.  He said one word before he turned into a green cloud of dust that seeped into the ground and back to the underworld.  He said, “You”.

     I left the barn and returned to Apollo.  Now our task was to find Jeannie the Junkie and Dante and I knew their transportations back to the underworld would not be as easy.  I had been told that Jeannie the Junkie had an addictive personality and Dante was a formidable demon with all sorts of cleverness at hand.  Apollo and I decided to rest by a tree and wait as neither one of them were in sight and at the present time, Andrew was safe and sound in the main house on the farm.

     As we rested by the tree we thought of Andrew and all of a sudden he came strolling by.  He couldn’t see us but we could clearly see him.  As Luke told us, it was clear that Andrew had Autism.  Luke explained to us that Andrew’s rare form of Autism combined with his genetic makeup would help a doctor to bring about a cure for all of Autism and the condition would no longer affect humans.  The mission to save Andrew was very important indeed.  Furthermore, Andrew with his high level of intelligence would go on to cure several other incurable diseases in his effort to help humankind like the doctor who had helped him.  Apollo and I looked at the awkward but happy child in awe and respect.  He seemed so happy and impervious to the danger that surrounded him.

     As night approached, a tricked out car painted with colorful green flames approached the farm house with its headlights off and parked behind the barn.  My senses told me that it was clearly a clown car.  As the car sat there for a while seeming to survey the surroundings, the driver’s door opened.  Out stepped Jeannie the Junkie.  Apparently in her love and addiction to material things she had stolen someone’s trade show car and blasted music on her drive to the farm.  She played one song over and over, it was her favorite song of all time.  The song was Hall and Oates ‘Maneater’.  She could often be heard in the underworld walking down the fiery halls singing, “Oh-oh, hear she comes. Watch out boy she’ll chew you up. Oh-oh, here she comes. She’s a maneater… She’ll only come out at night…”

     As I watched her, a chuckle came to me thinking of her driving down the highway at high speeds bobbing her blue head to Hall and Oates.  But the chuckle time was over as she crouched and started walking towards the house seeking out the sleeping child Andrew.  I crouched as well for I was between her and the farmhouse unbeknownst to her.  As she approached the bush I was behind I stood up.  She stopped in her tracks.  She looked at me and smiled and then looked at her newly painted fingernails and said, “You’re not going to be a problem are you?”  I replied, “Only for you”.  She laughed as I suddenly cast the sphere of ethereal light into the air with my right palm.  She was instantly transfixed, she stared at the ball of light above her head in pure joy and I realized her addictive personality was enthralled and probably wanted to own the ethereal ball of light.  As she stood mesmerized I approached her to make the earthly kill thereby sending her back to the underworld.  I got very close and plunged my dagger through her heart as I also felt a piercing in my own chest.  I gasped.

     Behind me stood Dante who had magically appeared.  The whole area suddenly glowed with his fiery presence as he whispered in my ear, “Not this time mongrel.”  Jeannie the Junkie burst into a blue cloud of dust seeping into the ground returning to the underworld as Dante roared in laughter at his surreptitious accomplishment of subduing me and suddenly his knife withdrew.  Apollo quickly flew from the sky and landed directly on top of Dante catching him off guard.  Dante was under Apollo as Apollo proceeded to stomp and stomp.  Then Dante recovered from being caught off guard and lunged his dagger into the underside of Apollo and the dagger sent flames of heat and lava through all of Apollo’s being.  I myself roared as I lunged into the fray and stabbed my own dagger into the heart of Dante who looked at me with incredible pain on his face as my dagger had the power of the ethereal realm in it and then it happened. 

     Dante burst into a tremendous red cloud of dust and mist that lit up the entire area and then streaked itself into the Earth returning him to the underworld unsuccessful in harming Andrew.  I looked at Apollo who lay on the ground and proceeded to stroke his main.  Apollo looked at me and then turned into a ball of light and was on his way back to the afterlife.  I would see him soon but I was sad our journey together in battles on Earth was over.  My friend and horse Apollo had helped me save Annabelle and now Andrew and we had accomplished more than we could have hoped.  So I, and I am sure Apollo as well, was pleased.  As I stood up to return to the afterlife I saw Andrew standing there watching and realized for some reason he was able to see us and had witnessed the whole thing. 

By

Anthonystjoseph
All works copyrighted © and protected by law

No comments:

Post a Comment