Sunday, October 4, 2015

Convertible Clowns XIII: The Afterlife


 
CONVERTIBLE CLOWNS XIII: THE AFTERLIFE

by

Anthonystjoseph

     I turned from the sight of Rojalinda and my lifeless body and I saw it.  It was clearly an entrance to something and somewhere.  It was ethereal and inviting at the same time.  My soul found itself leaving the desert and the lake behind as I was somehow moving towards the entrance into this new realm.  There were clouds that circled the entrance as the light got brighter and brighter towards the end of the encircling clouds.  Suddenly and at once I was in the most beautiful surroundings I could have imagined and never before in my life had I felt so content and at ease and I’ll say it, I felt wonderful.

     Then all of a sudden another soul stood before me and welcomed me.  As usual I addressed the new and unusual situation with a bit of humor.  I said, “So don’t tell me, these are the gates and you must be Peter.”  I was met with a reply that I wasn’t sure was humor or not.  The other soul said, “You’re funny.  I’ve heard that about you.  No, I am not Peter.  Peter retired over a thousand years ago.  Jobs up here as well as human life itself are not eternal.  The only thing that is eternal is your soul.  Peter has a nice Chateau on the River de Amor, he left the task of welcoming newcomers to yours truly.  I cannot wait to retire myself and then I won’t have to welcome wanna be comedians such as yourself ever again.”  I said, “Wanna be huh?”  He replied, “Yeah, mister want to be.  You know a lot of people are still talking about the crazy story you told when you were up here the last time; all covered in red paint talking about some crazy paint bomb the clowns used on you.” 

     He went on, “A lot of us are also not particularly fond of your sense of humor and the way you pop off at the mouth in front of God and everyone else in life.”  I interrupted him, “Well you know, that’s how I roll.”  He abruptly stated, “You know what mister roll; you pop off at the mouth up here, you pop off at the mouth down there, and even in the underworld you popped off your mouth.  You’re like a double edged sword.  You cut both ways.  You need to decide who you’re going to be and what side you’re on in this battle.  And believe me mister roll, it’s a battle.”  I answered quickly, “How about I just do me and you do you.  I am not interested in your battles.”  He looked at me with seriousness and said, “At the present time you’re in the middle of it, you have no choice.”

     He walks me down a long hall with pillars that were as tall as the hall itself which seemed to have no ceiling just like in the underworld.  But unlike the underworld, this ceiling didn’t seem darkly ominous.  The ceiling in this hallway seemed comforting and inviting.  We came to a large entryway and the doors opened to a large room with several angelic beings that could best be described as ethereal soldiers dressed in angelic armor.  The soul that welcomed me into the afterlife and brought me to the room said it was time for him to leave and that this room would be my home for a few years and that I would now start my training.  He then told me that just like the angelic cougar helped me, I would help others.  It was explained that my passion for good was noticed and that passion would be put to work.  My mission would be to save; specifically, I was told since I showed no fear of the Dark Lord that my mission would be to save children from his clowns evil deeds and distractions.  He told me I would be trained and dispatched because as he said, “God’s going to take a more active role in your planet.”  To which I responded slightly under my breath, “It’s about time.”  He then said, “There goes that mouth again.”

     I trained with the angelic soldiers for what seemed like years but was only a moment in time in the afterlife.  I was given my own ethereal and very luminescent sword and armor and a winged horse that was also luminescent.  I was a soldier in the army for good.  I had finally found my home.  I had finally found friends of like mind again after many years apart from a community I cared about and cared about me.  My horses name was Apollo.  Apollo and I were like old friends and easily communicated with our thoughts without even speaking actual words, the spoken word with Apollo wasn’t necessary for as my horse and me his soldier our thoughts were spoken to each other through some sort of telepathy. 

     I had become very capable and adept at using my sword and was told by my trainer that I was a good student and I learned fast.  Apollo and I spent lots of our down time on the shores of Ethereal Lake contemplating existence and its meaning when we were not training for our coming battles.  In Apollo I had found a true friend.   We would carry out our missions on Earth saving children with a great desire to champion their rights to be free of clowns. 

     One day while Apollo and I were relaxing, an ethereal soldier joined us at the lake and introduced himself as Luke.  Luke said that it was our time to save a child.  Apollo and I were being dispatched on our first mission.  Apparently two rowdy clowns led by a treacherous demon were on the loose again on Earth and had been sent by the Dark Lord to seek out a specific child named Annabelle.  This child would one day do great things for the cause of goodness and the Dark Lord knew this and wanted to prevent it from happening.  The demon in charge of the two clowns was a female named Treacherous Tina and her clowns were named Creepy Craig and Lucky Chucky.  They were sent to distract, disparage, and destroy Annabelle before she came into the knowledge of the good she was supposed to share with the world.

     My job was to destroy and dispatch them back to the underworld from which they came.  Apollo and I couldn’t wait to descend to Earth and find Treacherous Tina, Creepy Craig, and Lucky Chucky and send them back to the underworld where they belonged.

By

Anthonystjoseph

All works copyrighted © and protected by law

No comments:

Post a Comment