Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Oversharer




 
THE OVERSHARER

by

Anthonystjoseph


     I was at a club in Los Angeles a while back and heard someone from across the room say something that has stuck with me every since…  As a writer you hear everything and anything and remember everything and anything while always having to remember that not everything and anything is worth remembering.  I love to dance with words.  And believe me, I’m a dancer on all counts.  You see how I just randomly shared that I am a good dancer as well, actually a great dancer…  You see, that’s the problem.  I constantly over share little bits of information that may or may not be important to the current discussion.  I share this, I share that, I share this, I share that…  I sometimes forget what I was originally intending to share.  Case in point; back to what I was saying, I was at a club in Los Angeles a while back…

     Well, at this club, I heard this man across the room that wasn’t even facing me or even talking to me say…  And first, I have to tell you, it was my supersonic, six million dollar man hearing capabilities that zoomed in on this discussion because this was a big room and a lot of people were talking.  I must explain that certain writers have a God given ability to zone out and zone in on specific happenings or conversations that are deemed important and more necessary than others for whatever reasons only God can tell you…  My guess is that the Universe wants the writer to share this information.  I can be standing six inches from your face involved in a deep discussion on your part and not hear a thing you say.  My writers mind will be busy working across the room or visually down the block or mentally a mile away planning, devouring, or studying a happening.

     So while I was at that club in Los Angeles, this guy across the room facing the opposite direction says to his friend…  You see, I think that when God or the Universe has chosen you for even the smallest mission in life, God or the Universe gives you certain gifts to complete that mission.  I really cannot get into listing all my missions because we don’t have that kind of time and some of them are secret.  So when the Universe or God (insert choice here), decided to make me a writer they knew they had to add some over-sharer-ingredient to make sure that I would take pencil to pad or pen to paper or keystroke to page…  In my case, they frosted the cake with over-sharer-ingredient, spelled Happy Birthday on the cake with over-sharer-ingredient and USED Over-sharer-ingredient CANDLES!

     See what I mean, man, what was I saying, oh, okay, so at this club in Los Angeles, WAIT!  I forgot to tell you what the CAKE was made of.  The cake that makes up a lot of my existence that is frosted with over-sharer is made completely of Memory Filling.  My memory is long and strong and never goes wrong.  I wrote two stories about my high school life quite a few years after they happened that amazed some of the characters in the stories as far as accuracies were concerned.  And yes, I remember YOU!

     So at this club in Los Angeles, this guy across the room says all randomly to his associate, “You know the type of guy, the type that after five minutes of talking to them you know everything about them.” 

     OH no, the Universe, DIDN’T!  Calling me an over-sharer and telling me to shut up from across the room and facing the other way!  I heard it!  FIRST OFF!  Let me tell you this, I didn’t make the Over-sharer Cake.  I didn’t choose to use the Over-sharer Frosting.  I didn’t spell ‘Happy Birthday’ with Over-sharer thick and fluffy frosting…  And I damn sure didn’t decide to use the Over-sharer CANDLES!  I tried to tell them that was too much and that I didn’t need it.  They were like, ‘NO’, ‘The stuff you have to share most people won’t want too.

     And as far as ‘knowing everything about me’, you don’t know a thang!  A THANG!  You don’t know nothing ‘bout me!  Well, maybe what I’m frosted with, and what the cake is made of, and which candles they used, but other than that; you don’t know NOTHING!  Oh, did I tell you…  Never mind.

By

Anthonystjoseph

All works copyrighted  and protected by law

No comments:

Post a Comment