Tuesday, May 24, 2016

God Chronicles XVII: Why Has Thou Forsaken Me?


 
WHY HAS THOU FORSAKEN ME?

by

Anthonystjoseph

           “My God, my God, why has thou forsaken me?”  These words were cried out in a loud voice by the man they called Jesus in the ‘ninth hour’.  Many of us have cried these same words when seemingly surrounded by evil doings.  Those of us who have cried these words are usually those that were indoctrinated into the belief of a God from a very young age. 

     I am thankful that even though my indoctrination into the belief of a higher power or God was complete that it has never led me astray of clear thinking or clear thought… 

     So I have always evaluated, inspected, and studied any and all material I came across in the study and understanding of this higher power.  And yes, I at times of need and times of descent have cried out similar words or the very same words, “…Why has thou forsaken me?!”

     In my understanding of a God and the belief in a system of a higher power I can only come to one conclusion…  The answer to ‘why has thou forsaken me’ is clear.  God or our higher power has not forsaken us but is simply waiting for us to learn how to not forsake ourselves…  Our higher power is only waiting for us to learn how to avoid the pitfalls and traps of what we may consider evil in order to become spiritual adults who do not need to rely on an invisible presence to protect us.  The higher power wants us to learn to forsake the traps, forsake wrongdoing, and forsake the idea that we cannot do this ourselves.

By

Anthonystjoseph

All works copyrighted © and protected by law

No comments:

Post a Comment