Tuesday, May 3, 2016

God Chronicles II: What does God Want?

 

WHAT DOES GOD WANT?

by

Anthonystjoseph

     We all, or I should say a lot of us, constantly, and some only sometimes, ask ourselves, ‘What does God want?’  It is an extremely valid question that anyone with any amount of common sense would ask themselves at least once living in this existence.  A lot of us as children were told that God was in charge of everything and God created everything.  So it made sense to me as a young person taught about God to ask myself and HIM, what did he want?  I was taught that God was a he.  With all of his angry outbursts that I have grown accustomed to I am starting to think that he might be a woman with menstrual cycles, but I digress. 

     So if God created everything, including us, and is in charge of everything, including us, then what does he want?  We start out as babies only concerned with what we want.  Then as our comprehension grows and the fear or love of God is instilled; beliefs can go either way involving fear or love.  But at a certain point when comprehension grows, we usually start to concern ourselves with what God may want as well.  Any fool who has ever read any bible or had a grandmother like mine who had a concrete disposition to constantly remind one of the perils of Hell and damnation would, and will, most likely concern themselves with what God wants.

     This plagued me as a young child because I certainly always wanted to be a winner and I did not want to end up as one of the biggest losers of all time and end up in some burning pit of fire and flames with no rest from the constant heat, no ability to sleep, and no food whatsoever!  It just went on and on…  Forgive me, my grandmother was very descriptive.   So all throughout my life as a logically thinking man I have been planning my strategy for judgment day.  My intention in planning my strategy is of course to make sure that I don’t end up in the burning pit of unending flames with unending pain and an extreme lack of sleep.  Since the act of sleep and rest have always been a true love and passion of mine, I decided a long time ago to have a strategy to make sure that my sleep and I didn’t part eternal ways.  

     My strategy for avoiding the unending fiery pits of hell has changed throughout the years but for the last ten to fifteen years it has been the same.  I was at some social political function and as usual solicited and encouraged a conversation on spirituality.  I have always been fascinated with the afterlife and what happens next because of my strong religious upbringing combined with an inner sense that there is more to this story and existence on Earth than anyone is telling.  It was also a quest to find the truth due to my grandmother’s power to instill a fear of ‘bad living’.  I know there are a couple of examples of ‘bad living’ in that bible where you will see a picture of me as an example and the caption that says, ‘bad living:  don’t be like this fool’. 

     So in living this life of spontaneous moments of ‘bad living’, I would again, constantly seek out help for my legal case that I was clearly preparing for Judgment Day when my trial came up.  I already knew I was going to have to represent myself in this trial because no one else was going to risk their eternal soul on my behalf.  At one point in this life peppered with ‘bad living’ my own family said, “un-huh brother, that’s all you…”  So I know they aren’t going to testify for me.  But my case has been prepared in full and I am pretty sure it won’t even make it to trial.  It won’t go to trial because of what this learned individual told me at this political function.  He told me that there is a religion and faith in South America that believes as long as you make one person smile in your lifetime then you get to GO TO HEAVEN!  That’s it!  I’M IN!!!  Right at that moment and point in time I realized my plan.  On Judgment Day I am going to JUMP in the line with the people from South America who have that belief of ‘making one person smile’ getting you into heaven.  My plan and their rule system is certainly a lot easier to do then the Ten Commandments.  I’m not sure there isn’t one commandment I haven’t broke.  As far as killing is concerned, I use to have a BB gun when I was a little boy; no bird was safe!  Now the people from South America are going to be shorter than me because I am quite tall so on Judgment Day when I sneak in their line I am going to have to duck until I get through the gates.  It’s all comedy, it’s all comedy; until someone ends up in a fiery pit!

     It’s as babies that we are only concerned with what ‘we’ want; then it’s as young adults and hopefully more intelligent beings that some of us try to figure out what God may want.  I believe the true growth point that we should try to evolve to is to have our wants in sync with what God wants.  If the God you believe in is the one I believe in then these wants are all filled with righteousness and love and that’s it.  Until God sits me down and personally tells me this and that, the only thing I can do is live my life righteously and try my best not to intentionally harm anyone.  As long as I don’t intentionally harm anyone I am pretty sure that if on Judgment Day my case does go to trial, I shall come out victorious and free of any burn marks and eating regular food.

     It’s all comedy, it’s all comedy.  Yeah, it’s all fun and games until somebody ends up on their deathbed begging for forgiveness.  Okay ya’ll, I’m going to bed ~ see you tomorrow!

by

Anthonystjoseph

All works copyrighted © and protected by law

No comments:

Post a Comment