Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Excerpts From A Memoir: Thrown To The Wolves ~ Introduction



THROWN TO THE WOLVES:

INTRODUCTION

Anthonystjoseph

~~~
 As far as my cognitive memory goes back, I can remember the story of my conception as told to me by my mother, again and again, from the very young age of at least five years old.  Growing up, my mother would always tell me the story to, in her way, remind me of why my father was not around.
~~~
My mother explained to me, her only child, that when the doctor told her she was pregnant with me, she went to throw herself off the Hennepin County Bridge because she thought she was having an immaculate conception; she had not had sex with anyone so that was all her and her Catholic upbringing could lead her mind to believe.
~~~
My mother would end the story by telling me that right as she was about to jump off the bridge, her friend stopped her by yelling, “But do you remember when you were drunk and Salty took you home!?”  She suddenly remembered the drunken night and, according to her, climbed down off the rail of the bridge.
~~~
My childhood was filled with my mother’s wild and deceptively creative stories and now I am telling mine.
~~~
Although at times unbelievable, on my soul, my story is all true.
~~~
By

Anthonystjoseph

All works copyrighted © and protected by law

No comments:

Post a Comment