Tuesday, April 26, 2016

COMMENTARY: Shonda!


 
SHONDA!

by

Anthonystjoseph

     Stars are celestial bodies surrounded by planets and moons that are drawn into their orbits by their own extreme gravitational pulls.  The larger and more brilliant the star…  The more planets and moons in their orbits.  In our world, we call people who shine for many of us to see; we call them stars.  Well, normally I write about spiritual topics or outright comedy and try to tell entertaining spiritual stories and even do my best to spread what I feel are pearls of wisdom…  This time I have chosen to talk about a current star in our universe who herself has several planets and moons drawn into her orbit and assist in letting us all know that she is a star of reckon…  And that star is the writer Shonda Rhimes who continually dazzles me with her words conveying dynamic stories and who has occasionally inspired me to think about filing a class action law suit to compensate for the loss of salt to my body when she draws a constant flow of fluid salt drops from my eyes with her various plot manipulations that drive my soul to say, “Why!?”

     I’ll never forget the first time she made me cry.  It was when she used an oft favored ploy of hers of killing off a beloved character…  It was the young and passionate doctor known as ‘Dr. George O’Malley’ that was struck by a bus in an accident that left him unidentifiable to his fellow doctors as they unknowingly treated him as a tragically disfigured patient that none of them even knew was there coworker…  The simple tragedy in my world as I watched the story unfold; I knew it was him from the beginning as they stood over his bed and pitied the poor ‘supposedly’ unknown soul they were tending…  I sat in my living room bawling my eyes out and silently screaming in pain through tears, “That’s him! That’s George!”  I love her for making me feel so deeply for fictional characters that bring life…  The beauty is that she has the ability to make one feel.  That is all you can ask for from a writer and that is all a writer can ask for from themselves; to make people feel.

     Now she has given birth to this incredible creature that is played by one of the planets in her celestial system named Viola Davis!  My God, no one in the world could have brought this character named Alysse to life in such a manner other than Viola and that is what a good planet does.  A good planet that is supported by a star like Shonda lets you know; you can only live life on my surface!  And the character of Alysse seems like she could only have breathed life on the planet of Viola!

     There is never a time that I have seen Viola Davis take off her wig and ‘face’ in the show ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ that I haven’t just stared in awe at this beautiful planet called Viola with complete awe…  She is a masterpiece in humanity and thank the Universe that we all get to see her share her humanity with us in such a remarkable way.  You might say that aesthetically Viola is not what is considered an attractive woman to you; but to me when she takes off her face of makeup and wig and looks in the camera with an unmatched dignity, I see one of the most beautiful people on the planet staring at me.  This is a woman who knows and loves herself without the denial of others beauty.  She is accepting of HER beauty and it is real.  I actually love her.

     Okay, I’m going to let this Shonda thing lay because I could go on and on and she still hasn’t answered my calls to be one of her showrunners, but keep in mind…  If you haven’t made yourself aware of this woman’s abilities than you need to get on it!

By

Anthonystjoseph

All works copyrighted © and protected by law

No comments:

Post a Comment