Saturday, March 12, 2016

My Brother


 
MY BROTHER

by

Anthonystjoseph

I’m still on a mission

I have to let you go

Me myself

I’m still in the show

 
Unlike yourself

I’m still on track

While your main interest

Is the liquor rack

 
Me and Joshua

We’re doing the due

At this point

I have to say goodbye to you

 
Wishing you the best

Love and all the rest

Enjoy your freezer

Enjoy your check

I hope life holds meaning

Saying ‘What the heck’

 
But me myself

It’s not about the check

As I said

I’m still on deck

 
Ready to be launched

Fighting the war

My soul will never say

I’m not trying no more

 
I still love you deeply

I still love you so

But as I said before

I have to let you go

By

Anthonystjoseph

All works copyrighted © and protected by law

No comments:

Post a Comment