Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Wounded


 
THE WOUNDED

by

Anthonystjoseph

     As a child I always found myself drawn and attracted to what some would call the ‘rejects’ in school.  I first noticed my particular behavior with a boy called Nathan in high school who had huge ears combined with a daily addiction to plaid polyester pants that were worn tight around his upper waist and only came to a length on his legs that would be called extreme ‘high-water pants’; pants so high above his ankles that the other kids would label them as causing a flood.  I felt so endeared to Nathan because the only thing I knew is that I wanted him to feel normal because everyone else in the world seemed to want him to feel anything but.  I felt for Nathan because even though the world could see his obvious physical ‘wounds’ of being extremely sheltered and ostracized, they couldn’t see mine as clearly, I was mostly considered normal or above average; but I knew that I, like Nathan, was just as wounded.  My wounds were like Nathan’s and seemed to be wounds inflicted by God himself.

     Nathan could not help that he was born to a family that did not allow televisions in his home to help him deal and learn about social interaction.  Nathan could not help that his family only bought him clothes from the Salvation Army.  Nathan could not help that God gave him ears almost a tenth the size of his head to be repeatedly teased about daily.  In my opinion, God did these things when he brought Nathan into this world.  Nathan, like me, was wounded by God. 

     As I stated, the difference in myself and Nathan is that my wounds were not as obviously noticed by others but I clearly wore them on my soul just as Nathan did.  Outwardly I appeared to be an attractive child but I knew different.  I knew the real me.  I knew I did not fit with the other children just as Nathan did not fit with them.   So I would saddle up to Nathan whenever the opportunity presented itself and I would draw a smile from him and let him know that he was not alone…  This is something all of us biologically and spiritually wounded people do for each other, we let each other know that we are not alone.

     I have found that eventually all of the souls in the world, if cogent and clear in thought, come to realize that for some reason our God or Universe has wounded us all.  You cannot escape the fact that you or one is not perfect.  Our God wounds from birth…  Apparently there is a lesson there…  I am still trying to find that lesson and ask him or the universe why?

By

Anthonystjoseph

All works copyrighted copyright.jpg and protected by law

No comments:

Post a Comment