Friday, October 4, 2013

Heart de Stone





HEART de STONE

by

Anthonystjoseph


     On the last Sunday in September, in the year 2013, I awoke from a memorable dream.  The dream involved Her.  She had come to my home and picked me up in a car.  As usual, no words were spoken, none that I remember.  She dropped me off with a glint of hope.  Later she picked me up to take me home, this time for sure, no words were spoken.  I got out of the car at my home, saying nothing, wanting nothing; the long want was finally over.  The realization that nothing was coming had set in permanently. 

     I watched her as she walked to her car, then all of a sudden during her walk she half dropped her bag of squash clumsily and without care as if life had suddenly left her; she seemed to be in great despair, not caring at all about the dispersing squash or bag remaining in her hands.  She then collapsed on a park bench as a stranger, a young black woman, tried to give her aid.  She just sat on the bench ignoring the young woman while staring off in the distance void of any emotion but despair.  I walked into my home and did have enough care to peer out the peep hole.  I saw her get up from the bench still ignoring the young black woman trying to give her aid and walk to her car.  She finally crumpled trying to get into her car and fell on her front seat clumsily with her feet hanging and dangling from the car while lying face first on her front seat.  There was more awkward movement as I turned away from the peephole, refusing to care, and awoke.

This is not an ‘Imitation...’.

By

Anthonystjoseph

All works copyrighted copyright.jpg and protected by law

No comments:

Post a Comment