Thursday, January 24, 2013

Alone


 

ALONE

by

Anthonystjoseph

 
     A new associate of mine recently text me that three percent of Americans who live alone end up developing their ‘oddities’.  This associate is on a campaign for me to include him in my very small circle of friends.  I have always innately known the benefits of a small circle, but I feel like stating what I feel is the obvious for some of those who haven’t caught on… 
     You might call someone who ‘develops’ their individuality odd, but I don’t.  I think looking at someone who is a true individual is not odd but enriching.  I think believing of someone’s individuality of thought as odd is thinking the glass is half empty. I choose to think in the glass is half full terms of at least they’re not pretending to be what society and YOU want them to be…  I think developing your ‘oddities’ is learning to NOT pretend for those around you.  And in the words of Oscar Wilde, “Be yourself, everybody else is already taken”.  I have found that no matter how close you get to anyone, somebody’s always hiding something.
     I will also add, when you spend time alone it is easier to learn to stop pretending for those around you and become the person you were intended to become.  There are far more benefits of time alone than being able to dig in your drawers and your nose at the same time, of course with different hands…  A small circle is always much easier to defend with fewer fronts to be attacked which is why I love to keep my circle small and will never change.
     I appreciate, respect, honor, and love the people in my circle and from me they know no fear, lies, deception, or disloyalty, and I expect the same…

by

Anthonystjoseph  

All works copyrighted  and protected by law

No comments:

Post a Comment