Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I Live In The Future


 

I LIVE IN THE FUTURE

by

Anthonystjoseph


     Recently I got home from about a year of being on the road.  After many hours of driving on the road, I relaxed to try and wind down and get some rest.  I turn on the Sci-Fi channel which happens to be one of my favorites.  They have changed their logo from Sci-Fi to SyFy in some goofy and curly font.  I couldn’t be more offended.  You see, I take my science fiction very serious and for them to have such a silly looking flagship of a logo for a subject that is very serious is sort of debasing the idea of science fiction.  I guess this is where I should inform you that I live in the future.

     I will explain.  I think this is where you just said, ‘Please do.’  See, I was just in the future…  There are those people in the pre ‘round world’ of Christopher Columbus who adamantly said and constantly voiced that the world was flat.  You could not dissuade them and their prehistoric thinking.  Some of them died believing the world was flat, in fact, most of them.  A human like Christopher Columbus actually looks at his surroundings and observes with an open mind, open heart, and open eyes.  All you have to do is stand on the beach and look at the ocean in its entirety one time and you can see that the earth is round.  Look at the moon at night or the sun during the day and you can see it as long as your heart, mind, and eyeballs are open.  Mankind thankfully has enough of us with our selves open that we progress us all as a whole.  If it weren’t for the writer, or the scientist, or the artist, we would all still be dragging the ‘long hairs’ around the cave grunting at each other.  And I am proud to say that the writer, being the most important, is the one who had to turn your grunts into words so you could say, “I’m cold” to the scientist.  And he could say, “I got an idea!”  There by warming your ass up.  Then the writer had to write down the formula for the heat, i.e. how to operate, so your sons could continue giving warmth to the ‘long hair’ so she would stop complaining about how her kids are cold too.   

     It is the artist who first imagined that we would fly.  It is the scientist who decided that we could fly.  It is the artist who first planted seeds of us landing on the moon.  It is the scientist who took us there.  Well, those scientist are constantly at it and those artist are constantly dreaming and painting and I tend to prefer the artist who can stand on the edge of the beach and look at the ocean and say, “Oh yeah, that’s round.”  In the creative nature of science fiction there are movies and books of potential ‘round world’ theories that you see or read and just have to know that it is possible and most likely probable.  I could watch a movie about us landing on Mars thirty years ago and believe that we would land on Mars.  Some people actually didn’t believe.  I can watch a movie about us traveling out of this galaxy and setting up a colony on another planet and say to myself, “Well there goes are modern day Christopher Columbus.”  He would be leaving never to return in some people’s minds just like they thought the original Christopher Columbus was leaving to fall off the edge of the earth.  Well guess what? 

     When Christopher Columbus got there…  When he got there…  THERE WERE ALREADY PEOPLE THERE!  Open your eyes to what is out there.  We have one Sun that supports nine planets.  Out of only NINE planets we are here; LIFE!  That’s just ONE sun and the power of what it can do.  Now how many stars are there?  If you can accept that the Sun is a star than you can realize that every single star in the sky is ONE of our suns and is capable of supporting LIFE.  We are not alone, people.   And if you’re too religious and into the word to believe it, let me as an artist, writer, and scientist try to help you.  If GOD made this world in SEVEN days then what do you think he has been doing since then.  TAKING A VACATION! 

     So on this subject of ‘we are not alone’ you can either die thinking the world is flat and live in the past, or you can live with the knowledge that we are not alone and live in the future where we will know that we are not ALONE.  I prefer to live in the future where the understanding is better.  And oh yeah!  You should see their furniture.

By

Anthonystjoseph
All works copyrighted © and protected by law

2 comments:

  1. That was a wonderful read. I too am a big Sci Fi (SyFy) Fan And we have never been alone! Anita Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never, EVER, NEVER, ever! lol ~ so glad you enjoyed it Anita

      Delete