Thursday, January 5, 2017

My Relationship With this Entity You Call God




MY RELATIONSHIP WITH THIS ENTITY YOU CALL GOD

by

Anthonystjoseph

     As a child, I listened to my mother in her seemingly foolish relationship with this entity she referred to as ‘God’.  In my intelligent but childish mind I basically ignored her ramblings in the same manner that I ignored her when she spoke of Santa Clause or the Boogie Man.  I knew that she was being deceptive in her storytelling but for some reason I believed everything else she said.  My mind had taken on a force of its own in ignoring her claims of an ever present and all powerful God.  What kind of fool would believe that some cloud came down and made love to some virgin who then gave birth to this particular clouds son whom the cloud let be nailed to a cross and so on and so on…

     I really just let my mind wander to its own thoughts whenever the subject of her God came up and basically twiddled my fingers during Catholic services which thank God were only forty five minutes long on the average.  I also think I allowed myself to experience my first episodes of enduring walk-ins because I still cannot tell you about any of my time as an Altar Boy!  Although I can tell you that I was never touched by any priest whatsoever.  And I am still slightly upset about that on some level because the only thing I ever got from a priest was a football on Christmas and my question to you is; WAS I UGLY!

     Now without getting into the embarrassing and hideous truth that the Catholic Church now mandatorily moves their priest around every few years and the simple truth that it is a contrived method to help and hope the abused kids forget the perpetrators of alleged abuse…  Let’s get back to me.  But before we get back to me and the meaning of this piece; I do have to mention the nuns in Catholic School and my understanding of this Penguin attired beast!  When the talk show host Phil Donahue came out with his show on Lesbian nuns and how the Catholic Church was riddled with them while having his panel full of lesbian nuns who came forth and spoke on the rampant sex in the convents and the truth of their nature…  I immediately knew all of these nuns were speaking the truth because I knew them!

     I dealt with many of these nuns and the pain that they inflicted on us children under their care!  As I watched the show I heard the death growl of Joan Crawford and her repressed lesbianism that drove her to her own form of madness and heard her scream at me in the screech and voice of a nun!  I heard the voice of nuns who taught me saying things to me that now clearly came out as, “No more wire hangars!”  I had been whipped by nuns with wooden rulers more than I had been whipped by family members for various infractions…  I actually recall the incident of being taken out of my third grade classroom by paramedics on a stretcher to a waiting ambulance where I was taken directly into surgery and had a plate put under my right eye due to the lack of supervision or care that a nun was supposed to provide.  I myself knew watching that Phil Donahue episode; nuns were women who were capable of seriously ominous acts.  They were miserable people. 

     If you want the truth on nuns and priest I will give it to you in a nutshell.  Men who were homosexually inclined as well as women who leaned towards the same spectrum of human sexuality in the old days had nowhere to turn if they didn’t want to face the burden of telling their family the truth about their sexuality.  If you didn’t want your family to realize that you were a forty year old man or woman who still wasn’t married and that something was supposedly ‘wrong’ with you and you were Catholic; you joined the convent or became a priest; problem solved!  Thankfully, we as mankind have progressed past this point although I am sure some in Italy and other parts of the old world still feel the need to hide in the church but in America I think we have gotten past this point.  But here again; back to me!

     So I’m living my life and walking my path and not giving two pennies of a thought to this Santa Clause, Boogie Man, God, or Devil that my mamma told me about with that same old lying tongue that she told me about all of them…  Now granted, as I’m walking my path I am continually and completely avoiding this rain cloud that is following me throughout life steadily grumbling, ‘I know you hear me boy!’  I don’t hear nothing but my laughter and joy at the wonders of life and multiple cries from my existence when the laughter stops on a regular basis and just attribute the oft loss of laughter to life itself. 

     Well eventually I have no choice but to realize, there is a black cloud over my head and my head alone that is frigging talking to me and appears to be angry

     Okay, let me go back to me as a child and more so when I denied the existence of a God and laughed at the possibility.  As I said, I really just spent my time in church twiddling my thumbs and living in a world of imagination; I figured since the people in church were living in a world of imagination, I may as well do the same thing.  I sat there in my pew next to my mother thinking about anything and everything and wishing I could nod off and go to sleep but I had too much energy.  Still, to this day, I was and am glad I was born into a Catholic family because it was only an unbearable forty five minutes! 

     Now we do have to keep in mind that I still had this ever present, and as my learned friends would say, omnipresent black cloud that was following me and getting increasingly annoyed that I was ignoring it…  And as my ignorance of the cloud continued, it continued to get blacker and blacker; I even think I heard it talking to itself at some point saying; ‘this little no good non listening speck of biology is going to hear me one way or another and I do not want to have to introduce his little ignorant ass to ‘another’!’  Well, I continued on about my life and felt at ease ignoring the cloud no matter how much it stepped in and bashed me in the head or the eye or rained on my parade.

     I always knew the cloud was there and at a certain point I truly did start to feel and realize that the cloud was sentient and actually capable of thought but I still felt the presence of mind to ignore it.  I even started to loosely challenge people as in, do you yourself see a cloud and is that what you’re referring to as ‘God’.  I will never forget when I asked one of my first best friend’s mother who was really religious about this creature and character she called God; a creature that she openly, outright, and completely believed in.  She even talked of the Holy Ghost!  I said to her in a quiet living room with my best friend whom was her son sitting next to me as we were only fourteen years old.  I said, “Tell me about this Holy Ghost that you say you catch?”  She said, “Well, at first it grabs you,…”  She didn’t and couldn’t go any further because I burst out in the loudest and most, shall I say it, diabolical laugh!  I couldn’t believe this sane woman would say something so stupid!  Are you kidding me!

     Flash forward thirty years and you wont believe it; that messy ass Holy Ghost snuck up on me when I was half asleep!  I can’t tell you what it was but I can tell you this!  SOMETHING HAPPENED!  I can’t tell you what happened, but I can tell you this; it was INCREDIBLE!  It’s clearly and obviously one of the chapters in my memoir that is remarkable but it was something so special…  Now here again; back to me and this particular exploration of how I came to be me at present.

     So, as this young child I couldn’t get into the idea of some looming figure controlling everything…  But one thing I did know as a child; I had done this whole thing before!  Yes, I knew at the age of three of four years old that I had lived before and this was all just another trip at the rodeo!  This is one reason I never took anything too serious in this life as far as ambition is concerned…  I remember around four or five years old looking at my mother and thinking, ‘yeah, yeah… and who are you!  Because you certainly aren’t my mother and I have no idea why you’re telling me so’.  I even found myself staring into the mirror around this age wondering who in the hell I was looking at because it was not me!  It was certainly not the ‘me’ I was use to looking at when I looked into a reflecting glass.  Life had taken a serious turn where I was concerned and it was clearly my mission and plan to figure out what had happened and what was happening!

     I would not settle with questions to this riddle; I would find the truth.

By

Anthonystjoseph

All works copyrighted © and protected by law

No comments:

Post a Comment