Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Struggle


 
STRUGGLE

by

Anthonystjoseph

From the moment I saw you and right from the start

You held a special place deep in my heart

Your smile was wide

Your love seemed pure

I felt only friend

Of that I was sure

The years have passed

A decade or two

And now I feel

Your love was not true

You jump into my heart

With that same old smile

But now your smile seems to tear it apart

Deliberate it seems

Which is why it hurts so deeply

I need the means

To make my love grow sleepy

When it comes to your smile

When it comes to your laughter

I struggle and struggle

To put them in the hereafter

I want no more questions

I want no more wonder

The love I want

Does not come with blunders

By

Anthonystjoseph

All works copyrighted  and protected by law

1 comment:

  1. The photo above displays the idea and physical personification of the words in STRUGGLE because it shows someone offering a beautiful colored rose but the truth is that they themselves are black & white in their simplicity of 'that' offering with no real depth to 'their' offering!

    ReplyDelete